View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 11:12 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm usually a Poile supporter and I would generally agree with this but at a certain point someone has to be held accountable for the complete regression of the team after last year's high. I also don't have a ton of faith that Poile was too desperate to add pieces because of how quickly we got rid of important players, especially a player like Ward who wasn't exactly going to make Shea Weber money.

There were SOME players available this offseason. I mean hell look at Florida. They added Tomas Fleischmann, Scottie Upshall, Marcel Goc (oops), and even got Tomas Kopecky in a trade for only a 7th round pick. Just an example. If we were already in salary-shredding mode after last season I don't understand why. I mean yeah, we needed to re-sign Weber but if we have to dump the salaries of our good players just to bring back one of the three then we have some serious problems.

The fact that Trotz has made a living getting more out of less, and we're still struggling mightily kinda worries me, and I don't think anyone could dispute that.
Good points.

Let me save some posters some time and say:

it's too hard to make a trade, it takes months and months and months and possibly a decade or 2 to make a deal.

We really didn't save any money with moving Lombardi/Franson

[insert your favorite free agent] is too injury prone, expensive, risky, or won't sign here

All our team full of 3rd/4th line grinders need is an opportunity

We're saving money for some late summer cuts

Oh we didn't add anyone, well, we now have flexibility for a blockbuster 2012 trade deadline deal.

Derp derp, we added Mike Freakin' Fisher, what else do you want Poile to do!

We don't know what Poile did or didn't do

it's only for entertainment, no need to get so caught up in it