Thread: News Article: 16 November-(Post 79)
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

vCash: 500
Canadiens hope to end slide against Flyers

Flyers: Life without Chris Pronger was something Philadelphia had to adjust to on numerous occasions last season, and the Flyers will be without their captain for the foreseeable future after a scary incident in Monday's 4-2 win over the Maple Leafs. The stick of Toronto forward Mikhail Grabovski struck Pronger in the eye, and he's expected to be out at least 2-3 weeks. On the positive side, Jaromir Jagr scored his first two goals since returning to the NHL and Scott Hartnell also connected for a pair to support a 24-save effort from Bobrovsky.

Canadiens: One win in eight games has dropped Montreal to the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings, not what was expected from a team that battled eventual Stanley Cup champion Boston hard in the Northeast Division last season and in a seven-game first-round playoff series. The Canadiens peppered Panthers rookie Jacob Markstrom with 41 shots, but only Erik Cole's power-play goal at 3:08 of the first period found the back of the net in a 2-1 loss.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011020122

Jacques Martin cares not for your wishes to fire him

Jacques Martin is having a rough go of it in Montreal lately. With the Canadiens having just one win so far this year and one of the worst records in the NHL, the call to have Martin fired from fans in Montreal has been growing louder to the point you can’t ignore the voice of the populous. With a battered defensive unit and a team that can’t score goals, things are bad in Montreal.
Well, you can ignore it if you’re Jacques Martin as he’s got better things to do like trying to figure out how to help his team string together some wins. How noble of him.

“I don’t listen to the radio or watch TV or read the newspapers,” Martin said Tuesday. “After 26, 27 years at this level, I’ve been through this before.
“To me it’s just every day getting better and making sure the team’s ready for (the next) game.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...s-to-fire-him/

Ill add more if anything comes up later.

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote