View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Agree with most of the points, lack of size and grit, poor asset management, JM's system etc.

I also think overall the intense fan and media attention in Montreal actually hurts the team in many ways. Most other GMs and coaches can operate without millions of people looking over their shoulders, and players can work through slumps. I'd venture that in most markets, all but a couple of stars can walk the streets like normal people, in Montreal even a fourth liner gets mobbed. I forget who it was but a former leaf who was traded south was said to remark, sitting in the dressing room after his first game with his new team, "when do we open the door for to let in the media?" Of course the door was already open...

I have not lost faith and I am still hopeful we can squeeze into a playoff position, if i have to pick what I think is the biggest issue right now it would be JM.
Pierre Gauthier might as well be a mute. He won't speak in French or English.

During the RDS telecasts, Marc Denis (Joel Bouchard last year) will interview Perry Pearn during a tv timeout in English and then translate.

But during the TSN telecasts, Pierre McGuire or whovever is doing that game between the benches will interview Jacques Martin in English.

... and they worry about a French speaking coach!

That said, I wouldn't mind Michel Therrien, Marc Crawford or Patrick Roy back there... some emotion and passion!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote