View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
LOL Its not the reasoning anybody misunderstood... It's the rough treatment of Emelin, who at best is a Sensitive situation (in the sense that he can go back to Russia). He also provides a unique skill for us, and it is important for the club to have Emelin match those skills on the NHL ice.

He may not be playing tonight... What's that the 3rd time benched this year? Furthermore, he cant speak English (which is probably the biggest drawback), and he's being told to play out of position, that I dont believe he's ever played on a professional level.

Aside from PK Subban, he's our only other naturally physical d-man. We're telling him to do everything BUT play his game...

And while the philosophy can be GTFO, I dont think it's wise to throw away a decent talent that we spent years waiting for. I can understand the benching to a degree (espescially if it ends when Markov returns, which could make some sense)... However I am NOT understanding him essentially being an outsider to his team, less than 10 games in to his NA debut.

Now I ask... What's the logic of even signing the guy, if he wasnt going to get given his chance? I mean, why even bother? Now, in the swing of things, this isn't a final nail in Emelin's coffin (espescially, as I would expect that the season is underway, I would expect we have the entire 82 game schedule to get it underwraps). However I do believe that within that 82 game schedule, We should get this guy going on the Defence. He has not been treated very admirably to date, Personally I just dont want any screw ups. I dont want to be looking back next offseason, with a departing/departed Emelin, and have questions on the issue as to how we handles that situation.
I have no problem with their handling of Emelin...Diaz and Weber are playing well lately and we desperately need a win or two, plus Emelin has a bigger adjustment with the language...as long as he isn't sitting for 5 games in a row.

He has made nice progress from what I have seen in his first exhibition game, much more assertive with the puck and without it.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote