: News Article:
Press Conference at 7, before the game
View Single Post
10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Pierre Gauthier via 98,5 fm, updated as I hear it :
- Pearn firing : Linked to the Habs difficulties this season.
- The only concrete thing that can be announced tonight
- There were no oppositions/conflicts in the coaching staff
- Pearn firing was a necessity to bring other changes that we'll see in a near future
- Decision wasn't to fire Pearn, but to change some things to be more efficient
- Struggles on the PP aren't the reason. It's way more "global". (whatever that means!)
- Told the players : you'll feel the changes with time.
- It's the beginning of a process that will bring global changes...
- Refused to answer (with disdain!) when a journalist asked him if there were conflicts between Pearn and Muller. Said "What does Muller have to do with this? Next question"
- Changes will be apparent for people inside the organization but probably not for fans! (that's kind of funny!)
- Martin wasn't happy with this decision. Gauthier had to convince him.
To me, Jacques Martin lost a bit of his control on his team today.
Last edited by HTTP 400: 10-26-2011 at
View Public Profile
HTTP 400's albums
Find More Posts by HTTP 400