Old
10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Perhaps at Traverse. He was apparently mediocre there according to everyone. I didn't see it. But I don't care. Because I saw him play against NHLers. If he was a 20 year old, he'd be on the team right now.

If he had "multiple times when players skated around him", he'd of been sent back when Thomas was. He never had any real trouble against anyone in the pre-season. To say he had "players [skating] around him" left and right in pre-season is laughable at best. Perhaps you should watch harder next time, Jim.

I saw every game he played in pre-season that was televised. He never looked out of place against actual NHL players. His lateral skating is very solid. I've never seen him have any real trouble closing the gap against an opposing forward. Combine that with his massive reach, and added development time? He's going to be nearly impossible to play against in his own zone.
He was okay at Traverse, from what I saw. He didn't look out of place, and I thought he showed good potential on the defensive side of the game. I wouldn't say he stood out in a big way. You could easily miss him out there on the ice, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a defenseman, but I also don't think he asserted himself physically as well as he could have. On the other hand, he also wasn't constantly taking himself out of position -to- assert himself.

I wouldn't put too much weight in it, anymore than I would regarding his pre-season performance. It's not the regular season. What matters is how he plays when the NHL season begins, and he'll have his opportunity to show what he can do eventually.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote