View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 07:29 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
He was okay at Traverse, from what I saw. He didn't look out of place, and I thought he showed good potential on the defensive side of the game. I wouldn't say he stood out in a big way. You could easily miss him out there on the ice, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a defenseman, but I also don't think he asserted himself physically as well as he could have. On the other hand, he also wasn't constantly taking himself out of position -to- assert himself.

I wouldn't put too much weight in it, anymore than I would regarding his pre-season performance. It's not the regular season. What matters is how he plays when the NHL season begins, and he'll have his opportunity to show what he can do eventually.
FWIW, I watched him (on streaming) at Traverse city and in pre-season. His play between the two was like night and day. I was pretty disappointed with his game at Traverse but pre-season he completely turned it around. I don't know if it was nerves or what, but he played much better in pre-season. He even made the trip to Europe and was one of the last few cuts made to our defense. Not that he would have made the team anyway, but he certainly earned his plane ticket.

That being said, it's difficult to draw any sort of conclusion based on Traverse city and pre-season. In one he played bad and in the other he played well. Obviously, my hope is that he continues to build off what he did in pre-season.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote