View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Poile went into the offseason wanting a top 6 forward. Then when free agency hit of course we weren't in the running; yeah we get it everyone is overpaid those days. Then he talked up getting a guy after training camp. So far it hasn't happened. Almost everyone on here defended the Franson/Lombardi trade by saying that Poile had something brewing to use that salary. Still no move (yet of course).

He then preceded to oversell our players, specifically Spaling, Halischuk and company. Our fabled young defensive gems were of course not ready.

Teams which go to the Western Conference Semi-Finals don't have offseasons like we had. This is not building. We lost too many roster players and expected too much from our current crop to replace what we lost (let alone improve our weakness last year: offense). I understand our financial constraints but if that is the case then just say it ; don't try to act like we made the moves we did to improve our team because it hasn't yet.

And if David Poile couldn't make other moves because of the Weber situation then he needs to be fired because other GMs are able to make moves all the time while dealing with issues. See the LA Kings or Brian Burke.

I'll always be a Predators fan no matter what and I'll keep paying money, but this team is not fun to watch and is terribly frustrating, especially considering that we have 3 elite players on the backend and we're going to waste that away. Our chance to win was with the big three on cheaper contracts. Now we see what happens when even one signs, much less all three.