View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 08:44 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
I don't think you understand the league, here.

I'm not sure how the beer leagues are where you are from, but on my team, all of us have played at a pretty high level. We have all played travel hockey, and quite a few have played juniors, college, and beyond. We are all well aware of what is a penalty, and what is not. We don't commit a penalty every period, let alone every shift, as you seem to assume. I'm not talking about beer leagues where guys have never played anything but beer league... I'm talking about pretty high level hockey here. There are people that have played junior A, NCAA, college club hockey, and even some guys that have played pro hockey playing in these leagues... In the games between the better teams, there are very few penalties even committed during most games, as almost everybody knows how to play without hooking, clutching, and grabbing... Your assumption about the players is WAY off. What exactly does "at that level" even mean?
Yea I've done those leagues as well, where you have to know someone to get in, and the pre-req is having played at the Major Junior level or above, sometimes those are the biggest primadonnas and cry when they get a stick in the hands instead of fighting through it.

You say there are very few penalties committed, which is interesting because I assumed you were a player in the league.

Again, I reiterate, in most games, if not all games, there are penalties committed that are not called because of the simple logistics of it.

But you have fun getting pissed off at the officials each week, at least they get a chuckle out of it I am assuming...