View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip68 View Post
Hi guys, Leafs fan coming in peace, but I gotta say I was excited to see what Columbus could do this year. I like the Carter/Johansen future there and am excited to see what Carter-Nash can do.

That being said, I had a quick look at the poll results and they are very spread out over a lot of scenarios. I put a trade proposal in a thread on the main board, but I donít think I even got one response, but I wanted to bounce off the Columbus fan base. What do you think about something around Bozak, Franson, and Gustavsson for Brassard and Pahlsson? With picks and/or prospects from either side to even it out.

My thinking was that Bozak is a very serviceable 3rd line centre (capable of 2nd line), but is a downgrade from Brassard. That being said, you have Johansen ready or almost ready and you could go with a future of Carter-Johansen-Bozak up the middle and you get Franson and Gustavsson for help on D and in goal. I think Franson is going to be quite good and donít want the leafs to trade him, but we have a logjam and realistically the Leafs probably want to get Aulie in the mix, but there is no room. We get the upgrade at centre in Brassard and he could likely play wing too, no??

What do you think?

Anyways, good luck on bouncing back this year, Iím pulling for you guys (Not that I have Carter in my hockey pool or anything )
..Actually not a bad offer, truth be told. I'm not huge on Gustavsson, and your expectations on Bozak are pretty realistic. I think Cody Franson could do a nice job with the right opportunity, although unfortunately we have a glut of offensive minded defensemen. Still, might not be a bad move.

Interesting perspective, thanks for stopping by.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote