View Single Post
Old
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
I haven't been able to see any of his games this year, but I'd have to agree the stats look very promising. He currently leads the WHL in penalty minutes I believe and projecting out his stats puts him in line with players like Ryan Callahan or Cal Clutterbuck on the higher end. (different Junior leagues, I know, but still) There have been many, obviously, with similar stat lines who haven't amounted to anything at the NHL level but the combination of Lowry's size, willingness to get into the dirty area's / stick up for his team mates judging by his PIM's and fighting majors, and apparent scoring abilities make him seem like a very low risk pick in the third round. He's a smart kid too, was the WHL's scholastic player of the year last year so he's definitely got a good head on his shoulders.

The WHL doesn't announce their rosters for the Canada-Russia super series until tomorrow but you'd have to think with how he's played up to now he'll get into at least one of the games for the WHL team.

--

Found an article from Boston University here with a little bit of info on Yasin Cisse who still has yet to get into a game this season with the team. He seemed like a bit of an interesting prospect but his injury troubles over the past couple years have really derailed things for him, still, hope he gets back into some games soon.
great update thanks Rheged

he does sound like a solid third round pick.....Adam is chipping in for his team in allot of ways this year. I look forward to following his progress and he seems like a high character kid with solid intangibles. His traits sound a bit like a kid I liked allot from my era when i lived in Saskatchewan and that was Mark Janssens who was the captain for the Regina Pats back in the day and he was a 4th round draft pick.