Thread: Joe Colborne
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 12:13 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
I like to think of Colborne as a Kadri like prospect. Both had lead feet up until this season, and with the addition of some agility and the ability to get out of tight situations, allowing them to gain the zone make a few moves open up the ice and look for a pass and then anticipate where the puck may end up. Pass first players are very unpredictable which is a key asset.

I went to the Marlies game against the rochester americans. Kassian was on the ice as-well as Colborne, and it seemed as if Colborne was on another level of potential and skill. The kid was used in every key situation and was obviously the best player on the ice. He was a key factor in the late comeback to pull the Marlies even down by two goals with only 2 minutes left on the clock.. and of course scored the OT winner.

definitely a special player, i was even shocked to see him throw his body around and put good pressure on the defense as the first forechecker. Very excited for this player, burke is showing to have a knack to find these sleeper prospects like Gardiner and Colborne. Some whined that it would have been better to get wheeler in the Kaberle deal, however after seeing Colborne's potential first hand i would not change anything about that deal.

Great stick handling ability for such a large player, and has great vision and sense for open ice. Does not try and be a hero attempting to make plays and take players on that he shouldn't. Overall high hockey IQ.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote