View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 08:21 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'd be curious what the Ranger fans felt was McIlrath's potential, and what they felt was Fowler's potential. Somehow I doubt they were entirely objective about both players. In their shoes, I know I probably wouldn't be.
It was a great post on the Ranger board. However, the only issue that I have is that Fowler is clearly a much more advanced player with a REALISTIC chance of reaching his top potential as a #1 defenseman in the NHL. He is already doing quite well in the NHL and there are serious signs that he can reach the #1 defenseman status.

Mcilrath is a serious long term project who is in juniors trying to develop his game other than fighting. He is a LONG way away and is not even close to the potential that was suggested on the board.

There is more of a chance that Mcilrath wont reach his potential than Fowler wont reach his potential

With that said, I can see why Gordie Clark made the pick. Mcilrath has the potential to be physical force in which ALL teams want. He can be a fan favorite and leader for the Blue shirts for a long time.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote