View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I keep seeing complaints about Fedotenko being on the first line because he's a bottom 6 player, but he was a top 6 player before he was a Ranger.

Not only did he play on Brad Richards' wing during Tampa's cup run when Richards won Conn Smythe, but he also played on Malkin's wing in 2009 when the Pens won the cup. Feds also spent some time on Crosby's wing during his two years in Pittsburgh.

Fedotenko is a player that can keep up with the best of them and has had chemistry with Richards in the past. It was entirely predictable that he'd be on Richards' line at some point. I thought he was our best forward on Tuesday night, so he's definitely earned it.
Fedotenko is not a Top-6 player anymore. His final season in Pittsburgh, he was -20 because of being forced to play there. He's a guy that can step up for a game or two due to injuries and not hurt you too much, but that's it. With the relatively healthy forward lineup we have right now, he should not be anywhere near that top line.

The guy is 32 years old, has slowed down, and had to drop 20 lbs to even get a contract with us in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love Feds as a player, but he belongs on the 3rd or 4th line. He made one nice pass to Boyle a couple games ago, and had a nice deflection on the PP, and all of the sudden people think he can play with Richards and Gaborik. He can't. He's a guy that's going to be defensively responsible and chip in 30ish points from the 3rd or 4th line, while giving you hard minutes.

Torts always tries to put guys like Prust and Feds in positions where they simply should not be. Prust on the PP makes me want to gouge my eyes out, and I LOVE Prust. Feds played with Richards 6 long years ago, and even then his career high for points is 41. I don't know about anyone else here, but if whoever ends up sticking as the 1LW only scores 41 points, I'm going to be calling for their/Torts heads, because something went seriously wrong.