View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
He hasn't saved Subban at all this year and if you look really closely you would see that it was Subban who was constantly retrieving the puck out of Gill's corner last year. I think Subban's skating ability hid a lot of Gill's shortcomings.

The game against Philly was Subban's best this year and he wasn't paired with Gill.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can say that Gill is anyone's bodyguard. He is a very passive 6'7, rarely clears the front of the net, rarely gets to the puck before the opposing forward, rarely makes a crisp outlet pass. He does block shots but a lot of times it is right after he has given the puck to the opposition.

About the only thing that Emelin lacks is NHL experience. In almost every other facet of the game he is the superior player.

Having said that, I do expect Gill to play regularly. With the situation the team is in, Martin is going to go with who he knows best and you can't blame him for it.

When Markov returns and if he is healthy, a whole new dynamic is created. Diaz or Emelin would likely go to Hamilton. That's a situation that the GM will have to weigh because there is more to it than who is playing better at the time.
You don't get it. I was not talking about hockey skills. I was talking about a physical protection that Gill provided to PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
After how they booed and taunted Raymond last year, nothing is impossible with some of these people. I bet Patches will get booed.

PK needs to troll them hard just like Carolina did. They turn into brainless monkeys when you get under their skin.
I hope not. I don't want one of our players to be seriously injured by these apes.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-27-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: merge