Thread: Yannick Weber
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
SuperUnknown

vCash: 500
If Weber can keep the level of play he has shown the past 3-4 games, then he is a top 4 about anywhere in the NHL. He seems to thrive on ice time and pressure.

He probably has the best positioning amongst the Montreal blueline. The number of plays he keeps in the offensive zone or cuts in the neutral zone with his anticipation and positioning is astounding. He has improved on D to the point where the past few games he was probably the most steady player in his zone. He uses his body to check and angle the opponents.

Contrary to what some posters have said in this thread, from my observation, he wins more battles on the boards and involves himself physically more than Gorges, Diaz or Gill. He doesn't fall down easily either. He also has improved his decision making lately as he'll use his skating to join the rush and still be able to fall back and defend. Sometimes in his zone he picks the wrong man but he's been cutting on that as well (and frankly, he hasn't been worse than the other dmen).

I think he's underrated on here, while Diaz is vastly overrated (no physical game, takes bad decisions with the puck and gets himself out of position). Of the other newcomers, I'd also take Emelin over Gill.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote