Old
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
A very informative post.

As with most tall lanky guys, they have deceptive speed, he just needed to work on his first step quickness to get to the NHL level, all other skills are already there, I would be surprised if he doesn't get called up some time this year if he continues these numbers in the AHL.

Ironically enough, I think his vision will be a good compliment to another former Bruins 1st rd pick, yep that one, Phil Kessel. He can see the ice better than any Leafs center on the the roster right now, and he has the high hockey IQ to play with Phil. Despite Phil's great start, almost no help has come from his center, so this will be an interesting match should it happen sometime this year.
Tall guys often don't get credit for the speed they have. And I'm not sure its the speed as much as it is the long legs. On a relative basis, they may only have average speed, but because of the extra length, they can appear to be faster than they are (which is in essence the same, a larger step is just as effective as a fast skater).

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote