View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Not so sure he'd start on top two lines if semin is around. Perhaps on the 4th line with mp in a limited role during ES and some pp opportunities. Perhaps some second line fillin during sob time.
The only way I really think he ends up in a 3rd line role is if Bruce, or whoever is coaching, wants to get him to play responsibly before they let him go offensively.

Personally, I doubt it. His offensive gifts are obvious. I think he could score in the NHL now. Would he score a ton at first? Probably not (though if he keeps up this pace in the KHL, I imagine he would) but sooner or later, he's going to be a top line offensive talent, without as much of an emphasis to go back. That's not saying he won't play defense or even care, but you don't hitch a thoroughbred to a plow.

I think when they bring him over (and I believe that's next season or the season after next) they will find him a role in the top 2 lines, or go with a "three scoring lines" feature and let him carry a 3rd line with less time.

I don't think Semin is back if he comes (though you never know) and if he is back, then Knuble might be gone, or down on the 3rd/4th line.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote