Old
10-29-2003, 07:08 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN
1.Comrie's value greatly excedes a third liner who will average 20 goals/year and probably couldn't skate with the Oilers.
__________________________________________________ __

Ah, remember though. Dave Scatchard is a third line center only because he plays behind Yashin and Peca.
In terms of speed, Comrie is far from the fastest guy in the rink himself. Speed wise were not giving up too much.
Yes, but he was top six before they both arrived, and was top six for all the games that Peca wasn't there and was top six for all the games that Yashin was on the fourth line. Thats over half the season!!! He got LOTS of chances up there. Comrie isn't speedy - but he is still a good skater. Scatchard would be a first line center if he was a better skater - his skating is average at best, and that just doesn't mix overly well with the Oilers forcheck. Scatchard is the kind of guy that you expect 15-20 goals out of. Remember he's only scored 20+ twice in his entire career.

I love Scatchar. He's one of my favorite players. I'd love to have a third line of three of him.

He would be good on a line with Moreau though I will say.