View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
I really like how people keep saying he will be a 3rd line player at best when we regularly have guys like Darche and Moen playing on our first 2 lines. People seem to think that 2nd line players all do 60 points per year and 1st line players are all top 20 in the league (math check : there is 90 first line players in the league). That is not quite how it goes...

Personally I always have and still believe that Leblanc will be a solid player. I don't think he will be first line, but I believe that he'll be the kind of guy you can plug on the wing on the first 2 lines to have a gritty winger that crashes the net. That's his game, and it's something the Habs can certainly use. He's basically a grinder with hands, and manages to produce even if it's not through incredible dikes, cannon shots or perfect passes through the crease. I think that people really tend to underestimate what he can bring due to his lack of flashiness compared to some other prospects.

That does not by any stretch means that he will be a savior. But I'm sure he'll bring something good to the team, and I was thinking the same before this game (which is a GREAT start for him though!)