View Single Post
Old
10-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Not really. A combination of small forwards and slow defenders makes that strategy not very effective. But like I said before, we can afford to be more liberal now with increased mobility on the blue line this season.
Having your second forechecker be a little more proactive and forcing turnovers instead of standing stationary at the blueline doesn't really impact your defensemen's positioning. We're not talking about run and gun pond hockey here. It's a very subtle change that plays to the strengths of guys like Cole, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn and especially small guys like Plekanec and Gionta who win much more than their share of puck battles. We may be a tad more mobile back there and sure that helps, but I see no reason why we couldn't play that same way if you substituted Wiz for Diaz and Hamrlik for Gorges.

Carbonneau's teams had basically a non-existent forecheck and we spent the entire game in our zone because of it.

-On a side note, when I see Subban play sometimes I want to give him a smack, then I see an interview with him and he's like a totally different person. He plays nothing like he acts, as opposed to Price who plays as laid-back as he seems in person. Awesome "HABS" cap too.

Last edited by Ross MacLochness: 10-27-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote