View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 12:36 AM
chappie
lemon snow!

vCash: 500
Immediately?

We need to end the charade that is John Tortorella, hopefully the people who have a love affair are now over it.

Bring up Avery, send down Newbury. Avery isn't going to fix any problems, but he will add something this team desperately needs: personality. He also will let the attention get directed to him, which is huge on ice when you can have someone on your roster do that.

Trade Dubinsky. As I argued before in another thread (and everyone called me a non fan, idiot, etc.) the guy is extremely flawed, and he and Callahan together can't work long term. Callahan is the Captain, he's not going anywhere (even though Mike Richards proved that it's not impossible) and he has more going for him on this team right now. Get what you can for Dubinsky, whether it's as soon as possible or in at the deadline.

Find a coach who is not another NHL big-name. We don't need another big mouth, all bark guy. We need a Bylsma, Laviolette type who can be authoritative when necessary, but doesn't let that define him, and is cerebral. Honestly, we should've signed Laviolette when we had the chance (I realize Laviolette is a big name, but he's the cerebral/authoritative type of guy I'm talking about).

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote