View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
Hard to win a game when you play well for only 20 minutes. This one falls on Hank and the entire team. Without Henrik playing the way he has the first 7 games, this team has a Columbus-esque record, 0-2 pts. We've literally, been out-shot EVERY game.

I'm disliking Torts more and more. I've always liked his no nonsense approach to coaching, but when you're juggling lines so much, how the **** can you expect chemistry to just magically form? players need to learn their linemates' playstyle, how fast they skate, when to thread a pass to them, etc. This develops during games, not just practice. Give the guys time for God's sake. And stop benching players to "prove a point", it can only work once or twice, maybe a few times. It totally ruins a guy's confidence.
yeah yeah yeah, the team played like crap for most of the 2nd and 3rd...but it doesnt really matter....the Leafs scored 4 AWFUL goals... Henrik is responsible for this loss. Plain and simple. You can spin it any way you want, but your goalie has to make those stops...him making the 2 saves on Kessel doesnt mitigate the fact that he was letting in goals that even Gustavsson woulda stopped

regarding the line juggling, you guys are acting like these are 18 new skaters to the team. There are only 2 guys playing tonight that didn't play on the Rangers last season...Tim Erixon, and Brad Richards. The rest of these guys have played together, they DO know each others tendencies, strengths, weaknesses, etc. So i call complete and utter BS to all this whining about line juggling. I would be doing the exact same thing. Keep playing around till you find somethign that works.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote