View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
This kind of thing happens all the time in our men's leagues (Philly suburbs). Slashing to injure, kicking skates out from behind, slashes to the head at times, punches etc. I play an aggressive style so I'm involved in it ALOT. First on the receiving end then a swift retaliation. What are you supposed to do when someone tries to hurt you? I know it's not right, but I have to defend myself.

I told myself I'll give it one more year. If the BS keeps up I'll stick to organized pickup and shinny. Like I told the rink general manager in an email, I don't come to the rink for that garbage. This is supposed to be fun.
I don't blame you for sticking up for yourself if others are coming after you and purposly trying to injure you. If you're league won't take action and throw the guy out, then you gotta do something to put an end to it. It's a shame you may have to quit the league because of **** like that.

I feel pretty fortunate to play in what seems to be a fairly tame beer league, at least after reading some of the stories here my league seems fairly easy going haha