View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
When a team gives up 4 or 5 goals, I can allow for the cop out of blaming the defense. When 9 are scored against no one even has the right to even THINK about blaming defense. 5 goals on 15 shots? 4 goals on 10? Sorry, that means your goalies just ****ing suck. There's not even a valid point to be made otherwise.
Have you seen the goals we've given up the past two games? Most of them are from such bad defending (often it's two or three players who ****s up their defensive coverage) it's a bit remarkable that it's happening on NHL level. Or they're from some more or less crazy bounces/deflections. Sure, there are a few where the goalies could have done a better job. Bobrovsky probably would like to get the second goal from last night back. Bryzgalov didn't do much on the 8th, although on that particular goal I don't think anyone played defense. In the loss to Montreal, I think Bryzgalov is out of position on the fifth goal, the other goals you can't really fault him.

Could our goalies have made more saves? Sure. And I guess you could argue that when we pay Bryzgalov what we're paying him, we expect him to bail out our defense more often. I'm still more concerned with our team defense than I am about our goalies, from the past two games however.