10-28-2011, 10:19 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Engqvist just had 1+2 and was involved in all of Hamiltons goals in his first game back in AHL. Pretty good for a utterly useless player.

Kidding aside, I can't believe the amount of crap this guy is getting. I watched some of his games and he just looked unnoticable, good on the PK, lost too many faceoffs to be a fourth line center at this point. Played 5 minutes a game and didn't make much of it either good or bad. Yet the general agreement seems to be that he was the worst thing that ever had happend to Montreal.

He was a good and wellrespected player for my hometeam in Sweden and a likable dude.
If you think he so unbelieveable bad please send him back home to Djurgården.
Engqvist gets a lot of hate around here for what he isn't, rather than for what he is. A lot of people just see him as another guy taking up a roster spot that could be used on "toughness".

I was underwhelmed by his start this year with the Habs, but then again, 98% of our team had an underwhelming start. I'm also of the belief that you need more than 10 NHL games to evaluate a player's worth but apparently some posters here have already closed the books on him. People bemoan the fact that the Habs don't have a defensive centre who can win key draws and kill penalties but seem to have no interest in possibly developping one in-house.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote