Old
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer View Post
In terms of rookies it's pretty much Read, Schenn and Couturier who are gonna be playinging the significant parts. Schenn wasn't exactly setting the place of fire when healthy, Read and Couturier would be more problematic though Couturier isn't playing massive mins.

The problem is that you have a lot of new young players together (the rookies, the trade acquisitions and our returning youngsters) but Simmonds, Voracek, van Riemsdyk (and Nodl if he sticks around) have all played NHL seasons and wont hit the wall.

The problem is gelling. That just takes time, trial and (unfortunately) error. In terms of the offense defending better Giroux (16!), van Riemsdyk (10), Voracek (8), Hartnell (8), Talbot (8) and Jagr (8) have all played 10 games and been on the ice for 8+ goals conceeded. While I realise that's no exactly an all telling stat that's where I think the work need to be done.
Yeah, I'm aware of the gelling. The problem is, once this team has found chemistry there's a solid chance that it gets blown up across at least two lines once those three rookies hit the wall.