View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I was thinking last night about how calm and less angry I am at my TV when Gomez is NOT playing with this team and it crossed my mind! What happens when we are 100% healthy?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kostitsyn
Moen - Gomez - Gionta
Darche - Eller - White
XXXXX - Nokelainen - Blunden

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Diaz - Weber
Campoli - Spacek
XXXXX - Emelin

Price
Budaj

Who plays, who goes, who stays???
I don't know, because it probably will never happen. But one thing I know for sure: Nokelainen will not be benched. Ever.

This is my lineup:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Gomez - Gionta
Darche - Nokelainen - White

Markov - Gorges
Campoli - Subban
Spacek - Weber
Gill-Diaz
XXXXX - Emelin

If Gomez starts to really suck hard, then Desharnais can replace him. Otherwise i see no place for him on this team. Eventually people will realize that Desharnais is slower less competitive version of Nathan Gerbe, and Gerbe plays 4th line wing for the Sabres. Desharnais is not as fast as Gomez and is not as good a passer. He's better value than Gomez, but if you got mad dough like the Habs so, who cares about value at this point?

The defense will never be healthy, but if it was, Gill would play every once in a while, and then full time during the playoffs when games get really tight. The defense is really rag-tag even with Markov in there. The most dependable D's are really small. I honestly don't know how to make appropriate pairings with them.

Anyway, this is all fantasy stuff. All i know is this:

Eller is the real deal and should be on the PP playing center rather than Desharnais.

The Nokelainen deal was great, and we now have a real 4th line center who's talented and gritty--exactly what all the best teams have.

Diaz is playing well and should be given more responsibility within his pairing. Gill handles the puck way too much in his own zone. The coaches need to encourage Diaz to do the heavy lifting with the puck, because, as a rookie, he's probably waiting for their (coaches) cue to do so.

When Gomez comes back he needs to be on a short leash. If he doesn't play with the intensity that others are showing, he needs to be benched. I don't think his talent or skill is questionable--it's his willingness to play 60 minutes.

Price is awesome. Patches is the best. Subban kicks butt. Go Habs.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote