View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Two bad goals? How about four? He made great saves, including the two breakaways, but in my opinion, he was by far the worst player last night.
yep. we can talk about the offense playing like crap, we can talk about AA being a complete and utter failure this year so far. we can talk about if the C is effecting Callys play, we can talk about the loss of Marc Staal to the team and its mindset. but only a homer of epic proportions could sit back and watch last nights game, and not put it squarely on the shoulders of Henrik Lundqvist. Period. he has to play better than that. I dont care if the offense is clicking or not, if your goalie cant stop 50 foot wristers, you wont win. you have games like the Flyers vs the Thrash...err...Jets where its a 9-8 loss, but a loss nonetheless. Henrik has to play better than that.

Now, im not saying he has to be his usual damn near inhuman self. You can't expect that. Its not like those goals were picture perfect 1 timers off of a backdoor thread the needle pass. No, all 4 of those goals should be stopped by a goalie in the NHL. All 4 of those goals should be stopped by a backup goalie in the ECHL.

Henrik had a bad night. I still love the guy, i still believe he is EASILY one of the greatest goalies in the universe, and that includes Jarznak of Trelvdor 6. But still, he had a bad game, and cost the team a win.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote