View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
for what it is worth

Much much much happier camper than I was yesterday afternoon. I had no idea Mike Fisher was going to be the next coming of crosby. I got to watch a reply of the game after the game I covered finished (didn't get to bed till almost 4am! but thank God for recording devices). Its a great win that is for sure. Smith, SK, Fisher were absolutely on fire. Good for them. As Trotz said, all three D pairings looked solid last night for the most part, couple of mess ups here and there but it happens. I think the addition of Franky makes Trotz's life easier because it gives him options. If Blum or Klein sucks one night, he will bump up Cube to the 2nd pairing.

While the win was great, this team still has a long way to go. Hornqvist needs more icetime to be more effective for starters. The team, once again, relied on Rinne a little too much. I suppose you are allowed to give up some chances when you are ahead, but Rinne once again was called upon to make epic saves when his defense let him down. We have to do a better job knocking people off the puck/ getting into the shooting lanes in the defensive zone. There were a few long stretches of play were we were pinned back. Unlike the past couple of games, we were able to bend and not break.

Another thing that jumps out at me is the giveaway/take away ratio. Nashville has been getting dominated in that particular category all season, but last night the edged a positive giveaway takeaway (granted 13/12 but a win is a win). They have to improve on their passing, especially in the neutral zone and on the offensive blueline in order to improve that number. Once we limit the amount of turnovers, we limit the amount of chances the other team has.

That being said, the team we saw play last night looked NOTHING like we have seen the rest of the month. I think all of us can agree on that.

Hopefully we get some word on SK soon, looked like a pretty nasty fall. Wouldn't be surprised if he sits out the Anaheim game just in case.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote