View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Proto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
Since when is Weber a superstar? He's a great defenseman, but you don't sell tickets with great defensive play. I think he's highly overrated in this forum. That said, Nashville would not take a trade package consisting of our unwanted table scraps for Weber either.
Uh, since when are the Canucks worried about selling tickets? Weber is a huge, 15 goal 50-ish point defenseman on a team with limited offense. On the Canucks PP he either opens up the Sedins for a ludicrous amount of points or scores 20+ goals because he gets open shooting lanes. He would be ridiculous on this team.

I'd prefer to keep Edler and hope he develops, but Weber is unquestionably a superstar. Not only is he a good offensive player, but he's already one of the best defensive defensemen in the game, he was good enough to play defense for Team Canada, and he's only one year older than Alex Edler. The guy is an absolute stud. If it took trading Edler to get him, I think I'd do it.

Otherwise I'd trade a lot of assets for him. He's that good. He'd play 27 minutes a night, kill penalties, QB the PP, hit, fight, and do pretty much anything else you could want a #1 defenseman to do. He's like a young Chris Pronger without the giant ********* factor.

Proto is online now   Reply With Quote