View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 12:58 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Places to go before the game (my faves at least):

4Play is a big sports bar across Portage Ave from the arena, it's two levels, has screens everywhere, and a big 24 foot HD projection (I think) as the main attraction. The downside to this is the place is really busy on game days and it might be tough to get in. Lines for UFC events can be an hour long at times.

Tavern United is located just across the street from one of the entrances to MTS Centre, and this one is much closer to the arena. It's literally 5 seconds from the entrance of Tavern to that entrance of the MTS Centre, so it might be better for a person who's not used to the cold It's big as well and easy to get a drink, although if you want food you might want to get there early.

Boston Pizza is located in CityPlace, a block behind MTS Centre, but connected through a walkway so you don't have to go outside. The lounge there is fairly small though and fills up very quick. Elephant and Castle is more a traditional style pub, it's actually in the Delta so if you stay there you have easy access and can just bill to your room. It's also pretty small in the drinks area but the food is probably the best of the bunch, in my eyes. The Union Jack burger is my favourite, with pub onion soup. It's attached to the skywalk so again you don't have to go outside. If you stay at the Delta you can actually get around without taking a coat, I live downtown and leave my jacket at home, walking through the skywalk.

No matter where you go, I definitely recommend going around 5 in the evening, and then heading to the arena for no later than 6:15-6:30. The atmosphere in the warmup, as well as in the concourses on game day is excellent.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote