View Single Post
Old
10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Karl Hungus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
He might not be as cerebral on defense, but he's also 26. He should just be entering those years where he rounds that part of his game off. Even if he doesn't, paired with a Willie Mitchell/Dan Hamhuis type and playing on a puck possession team like the Canucks he'd open up so much space down low for the forwards.

I like Suter, but he's also a 4-5g 35-40 point-ish defenseman. I wonder how many of his 35 assists a year dry up if he's not feeding the puck to Shea Weber on the Power Play?

I might be bullish on Weber, but I see him as a 55-60 point defenseman playing on the Canucks PP.
Sure, I would love to have either of them. They would bring different things to the team. Weber would be a great way to fill the Ehrhoff void. He would help us keep the crease clear and make life tough for teams like the Hawks or the Bruins that like to crash the crease and then hang around and push and shove. He's a great north/south skater for someone his size.

Suter is a smoother player though. He's in the Duncan Keith, Scott Niedermeyer mold. He's not quite as explosive as those guys but he's an effortless skater that reads the play extremely well and is quite physical. He's like a bigger, faster, tougher Hamhuis.

Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote