View Single Post
10-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Schoolyard Puck
vCash: 500
What's Your Motivation?

To the guy who plays a level down,

Why do you play in our league? You know you're better than everyone else. I know you know this because you like to flaunt your skill. You toe drag the defender that can't do backwards crossovers. You rip slappers a few feet in front of the red line. You're ALWAYS on the PK squad, and you always put yourself in for a 3 1/2 minute shift at the end of the game when it's close. You intercept passes from your weaker teammates because you know they aren't clutch like you. You get mad when we take shots at you, but you know the refs let it go because you don't belong and they can empathize with our frustrations. You justify your position by saying you are a mentor, or you are just there to setup passes, or keep things even. For the most part, you stick to this. However, when the game is on the line, or a weaker opponent shows you up, the competitive player inside of you simply cannot allow it. This is when you turn on the afterburners and take control of the game. You tease us by letting us think we have a chance, then you deny us victory. When you do this part of me wants to give up, and the other part of me wants to try my hardest so I can show you up. See the internal conflict? I can yell at you, I can chirp you, I can take cheap shots, but in the end all I want is for you to play in the league you belong. Please. Competition is what makes the game fun. Don't take this away from me and my linemates.

In the meantime I'll keep trying to improve until I can play in the highest league and not have this problem.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote