View Single Post
Old
10-29-2011, 01:58 PM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Yes and no. He tried to get one (1) specific defenseman with a limited offer and failed. Then we see that his backup plan if that one (1) offer failed was to, and I am doing my best to quote him, "See what shakes out of the other camps once rosters are reduced before the season starts."

Gee, that worked out well, didn't it? Look, they have a glaring need on several fronts, one on defense that is the worst issue, and one as Tavares' wing which is a close second. Trying to get it done does not include one limited shot at the ring, and a really lame attempt to steal the ring after the first attempt fails. If you really need that ring, you do what it takes to get it done. It likely won't get done this season either since there isn't much movement during the season anymore, and at the trade deadline teams out of the playoffs don't get the big player for picks, it is the other way around. So this is a valid fail on behalf of the owner and GM.
What else was his backup plan going to be? The list of free agent defenseman was thin this season. And how was is a limited offer? I'm sure the Islanders wee thinking they needed to give him 10 years and 40 million like the Sabres did. Also we did get Staios who is a better option then others out there.

I can't believe people are saying the rebuild is a fail when we're not even 10 games into the season.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote