View Single Post
Old
10-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Razzmatazz

vCash: 500
I've gotten much better at this, having been playing more the past few months.

This is assuming for night games.

Big dinner the night before.

On the day of the game(s): Big breakfast. Moderate lunch. Light dinner, nothing greasy. I'll try to work a salad in there at some point, and try to eat more fruit during the afternoon.

Water water water....drink as much as you can, at least 5 hours before, and up to about an hour and a half before the game. I'm usually running in the doors when I get to the rink to take a leak, and then I'll go one or two more times before the game starts.

I'll have a banana driving over, and a gatorade with some ice in it, if I'm not thirsty, I don't bother with it.

Half an energy drink across the 30 minutes leading up to the warmup, and then a gatorade primer while the zamboni is going (I hadn't used these for a long time, but they do make a big difference)

Big bottle of dilute LOW CALORIE gatorade (50% gatorade, 30% ice, 20% water) on the bench...I often have to force myself to take a swig every time I come off the ice, especially if I'm playing games back to back, but there are some games I'm good to go barely touching it.

If it's a back to back game situation, finish that energy drink after the game, and I'm good to go.

Razzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote