View Single Post
Old
11-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock
Curiosity, and boredom are goading me to ask this question.

I have a full set of goalie gear (really low end gear, the set cost me about $250USD, it works, can't complain), but I primarily play D. I've taken up goalie duties in two games. I had a .800 SV% one game, 4 goals, 16 saves. Second time was terrible, I wasn't feelin' it, that was a bad day.

That aside, I recently started to play goalie in my driveway again. Round up a few mates, have them play 2-on-1s, 1-on-2s, and 3-on-0s. Practice for them, some goalie practice, excercise, and time on my skates for me. Good fun.

Anyone else play goalie second to another person (or the other way around)?
Play goalie in an 'A' men's league that has several former pros as well as major junior, Div I college and other junior-B, tier-2 level guys in it as well. I have my ups and downs at that level- I'm not the worst, but am clearly a middle-of-the-road player who needs to be on a good team to enjoy real success.

But I play right wing in a 'B' league- lesser skilled group, but I'm a pretty successful scorer at that level, finishing second overall last year in the league's scoring race (actually it was during the 2003-04 season- as I spent the majority of last season in Iraq).

Thinking of moving up to play forward at the 'A' level. Problem has been a lack of goalies, but if we get any more into the league, I may make the switch, so I can be challenged more by playing against much better competition as a forward.