View Single Post
Old
10-29-2011, 09:59 PM
reckless_abandon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Yeah, sorry, I either saw and heard wrong or they changed the scoring play. I'm going to with the latter, I'm too young to be losing either my sight or my hearing.

Significant scuffle at the end of the game. Mark was checked from behind, then on a subsequent face off got into a melee immediately after the puck hit the ground. Players ended up in the other team's bench...it was a mess. Why Hawerchuk had Mark on the ice to begin with is anyones guess . Anyway, he seemed to be fine, sat on the bench the rest of the game and came out to pat the goalie on the head at the end. Bad blood...and there is a rematch next Thursday.
Pretty sure they had a power play at the time. Padding the stats? Despite an amazing 1st period, Windsor played a great game, backed by Jack Campbell. I was really impressed, this was the first time I've watched Scheifele in person, and from hearing all the comments that his skating/speed needs work, he has a very fluid stride. I question the decision to send him back down. Play in the OHL is going to do very little for his development. I really think there should be a way that teams can apply to have players play in the AHL under the proper circumstances.