View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Perry attempted to spear Tootoo with a good amount of force and thankfully missed for the most part, but still caught him in the leg with his blade. Tootoo said after the game that it caused a "stinger" which sent him down.

It was away from the play and totally unnecessary. Perry should have been tossed for intent to injure for the attempted spear and I hope will be hearing from Shanahan since this is not his first incident with a stick and I doubt it'll be his last.

As for the Fisher hit, I still haven't seen a replay, but from my vantage point in the arena Beauchemin lined up Fisher from across the ice and targeted his head while launching himself into the hit. Beauchemin's skates immediately came off the ice upon contact and he clearly hit Fisher in the head.

Replay might prove me wrong, but IMO Beauchemin should also be hearing from Shanahan before the Ducks next game.

Great win! Team stayed composed and didn't stoop to Anaheim's level. Sucks to lose Fisher, but the team will carry on again as he recovers. Will be interesting to see if he travels with the team to Chicago tomorrow...
From the replays I could see, the contact was shoulder/shoulder, and I didn't note him jumping into the hit, though I would need another look or two to feel confident in that. I do think the hit came from a blind spot, though am not sure if that would be a factor in any disciplinary action. I'm going to guess that, for one reason or another, no disciplinary action for either Beauchemin or Perry. Just hope Fisher isn't on the shelf for an extended time.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote