View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
TOI 21:25 (3rd highest on Ki-Va)
Most TOI in the second period of all players on Ki-Va (8:48)
On ice for one powerplay goal for Ki-Va
One shot (saved) on goal from the blue line

He's going to get his chance with Jokerit soon.
There were six U20 defensemen playing in that game, and just based on stats you say that it’s Lindell who’s going to be playing in SM-liiga soon? I can’t see Lindell permanently bypassing any of the following defensemen in Jokerit’s depth chart this season; Dehner, Väänänen, Niemi, Klingberg, Eronen, Nordlund, Kivistö or Manelius. Lindell could be the 1st in line as an emergency call up if several injuries occur at the same time, but I can’t see him as a long term solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
Petteri Lindbohm might have a chance to take a spot? Don't know how he would do on small rinks. Haven't seen him play. Someone who's seen him play maybe can tell me/us what his chances could be?
Lindbohm has been to one U20 event this season, so Helminen knows him, but I don’t see him having much of a chance making the team as long as most of the top candidates are healthy. And if he makes the team, it'll be as a 7th defenseman. Personally I see Vainonen as a better defenseman than Lindbohm, both are big and need to work on their skating, but Vainonen is better with the puck and has more sense in his game.

If you check the participants to the last three U20 events (Vierumäki test camp in May, Lace Placid Summer Challenge and 4 Nations tournament in Moscow), you can see that Jani Hakanpää, Henri Auvinen, Valtteri Hietanen, Konsta Mäkinen, Olli Määttä, Samuli Kankaanperä, Julius Nyqvist, Simo-Pekka Riikola and Joonas Valkonen have been to at least 2 of them. When you add Ville Pokka and Rasmus Ristolainen to the mix, you should pretty much get the strongest candidates to the WJC’s. Helminen would probably need a good reason to pick from outside of these 11 defensemen, especially if Pokka and Ristolainen are the only less familiar faces at the upcoming 4 nations tournament in Vaasa (just a presumption).

Määttä – Pokka
Mäkinen – Hakanpää
Valkonen – Ristolainen
Kankaaperä – Riikola
Hietanen – Nyqvist
Auvinen

Last edited by Tormentor: 10-30-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote