View Single Post
Old
10-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Vlad The Impaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Some guys just have "it."

You can't quantify it by looking at his skating- it's average.

You can't quantify it by looking at his shot- it's average, nothing big or heavy or particularly accurate, with a quick release.
You've just summarize why most people didn't see him coming. I saw him play only twice in the Q but he looked just as efficient/unremarkable as he does in the NHL.

It didn't look like he had any "secret weapon" that would make him a great NHLer. He was efficient and doing a nice job.

It's just that it appears he is the type of player who can get it done at any level without a sweat. It happens sometimes, and you never see them coming. Players who are just smart enough to get it done and can work with players of superior talent level.

He has that quality based on the four Bruins games I have seen this year.

It could also be the case of a coach and player clicking in a remarkaable way. Doesn't mean Bergeron doesn't *deserve* what is happening right now, just that the newbie coach is bringing him along the perfect way.

He is a hell of a find. I liked him for the draft but I NEVER saw it coming. Hope he will keep it up because he also looks like a nice person on top of being one of my favorite up-and-comers!