View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Habsfanatical

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
Very true, he did a good job rebuilding and restocking the prospect pool, however he did have a problem puling of the big trade, ie, The Marion Hossa deal that fell apart at the trade deadline.
Gainey did make some very strange moves near the end of his tenure, the firing of Carbonneau, and letting (9) free agents walk two months later, so what was the problem the coach or the players?
Then the hiring of Martin and signing him to a four deal, when you have the most promsing young coach waiting in the wings, and the free agent signings all have signs of desperation moves, as well as a Gauthier influence.
One thing is for certain, Gainey is much more respected around the league than Gauthier, Gauthier has a history of being arrogant and disliked, not only with his own employees, but also with other people around the league, this week is a prime example, by how he handled the Pearn firing.
Pretty sure this will be the last gigs for Gauthier and Martin in the NHL, and please don't even bring up the thought, having Martin as GM
I'm not a fan of how Pearn got fired, but EVERYBODY knows how well the MTL media can be when they smell blood and firing Pearn earlier or later wouldve started to push the foucs further from what's on the ice and more so onto the Pearn firing. I think letting Pearn go an hour before game day saved Pearn from the media and *****smacked the team real real hard across the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
What about Subban ? And Price?

Thats 4 huge talents BOOM
Subban and Price were drafted players so that's why I never mentioned them.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-30-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: merge
Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote