View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Really? Ribeiro? You like the Latendresse move? The Gomez trade, and giving up such a promising young blueliner? Getting rid of Grabovski for nothing? Yet you only bring up the Gorges move?
Gainey had a mixed record and I don't deny he made some unwise moves, especially the Gomez trade. On the plus side I loved the Balej for Kovalev trade. Without it, the Habs would have missed the 2004 and 2006 playoffs and wouldn't have led the East in 2008. It was the team he put together that got to the ECF in 2010. He signed Hamrlik, Cammmalleri, Gill, and Gionta as UFAs and approved drafting Price, Halak, Pacioretty, Subban, Streit, Weber, Emelin, and White. He passed on Komisarek and Souray when they became UFAs. I liked the Latendresse trade because he gave up a player who scored 2 goals and 1 assist in 23 games for a player who was very good in his first season and helped make up for the absence of Cammalleri. Without Pouliot's goals the Habs would certainly not have made the playoffs. I still don't know what Latendresse could have contributed to the Habs had he remained.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote