View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
At this point I'd say Weber is untouchable barring a major trade. (He would now be considered a good piece rather than a throw in, the more he plays the more true that becomes imo)

Diaz could be dealt but I doubt they do trade him. They aren't redundant imo. Both are technically home grown talent I would let Campoli walk at the end of the year and just keep Diaz. He will be cheaper for the first few years and beneficial to our team.

When Markov is healthy I'd start switching between Gill/Emelin and if Emelin plays well with Markov... I'd probably trade Spacek for a late pick, keep Gill for the playoff push and then not re-sign him.

Subban, Weber, Diaz and even Emelin are all young NHL ready D who bring something to the table. I don't believe having two guys (Weber/Diaz) who improve the offense of the team this much are redundant. We've been out-shooting the other team and they're huge parts of why. Diaz has also shown some clutch defensive moves here or there. Let Diaz develop a little more (and Weber) before you call them redundant. Because of these two guys we're easily gaining the zone and our forwards keep getting crisp passes. Let them develop some more. I'd rather have them then an overpaid Gill/Spacek.

Going forward we could have a cheap yet very effective D squad. Why ruin it by trading one of them? If we could get some RFA of Couture quality or even Couturier maybe I'd consider it, but at this point neither will yield us the value imo they will be worth in their prime. Keep both.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote