View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
NHL draft is not real source of informations about level of developing programmes in countries. Everybody should know it. NHL draft is just politics.

IMO 1st, 2nd and the last reason why young Russians go to NA junior leagues is NHL.. they want to show that they are interested in playing here. Look, if I want to work for Apple I will show my skills its managers, I will not go to Google office. Thats easy. I know that russian developing programme has trouble (kids, juniors are ok, but could be better). Why did Grigs move? Have facilities declined during summer in CSKA? Last season he was satisfied by conditions in CSKA, this season no.. do you know why? He was drafted by CSKA and if he wanted to play for CSKA he would had to sign 3 y contract... thats reason. Trouble with NHL draft. I ask you.. how have facilities changed during last summer in CSKA?

These kids have a dream about NHL.. it is ok, but they have to choose right route.. and going to CHL is not right step. I fully undertand Namestnikovīs move (his russian team dissapeared due to financial problems), but I dont undestand guys like Grigs, Kamaev, Khokhlachev etc.. who has perfect conditions in russian clubs.
The NHL draft if taken as a sample size over 3-4 years certainly represents the state of a hockey programme to a satisfactory degree.

Sweden has record numbers and it shows. Czech Republic, Slovakia and Finland have all had big lulls in their Junior systems, and the NHL draft mirrors this. Russia is different, politically, but it is foolish to completely ignore the relation of the NHL draft and quality of domestic produce.

Many Russian kids are going over because they want to make the NHL. They do this because firstly, it's what NHL teams want and its the best way to get drafted. But they also leave because issues of ice time and an issues in developing young players. It's all well and good to just blame the NHL, but there are always other reasons, and frankly its ignorant to not believe this.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote