View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If we're having this debate now, imagine what'll happen when Markov comes back. Campoli too.

What would you see is our depth chart?

Markov
Subban
Gorges
Gill
Weber
Spacek
Diaz
Campoli
Emelin

If so, can we really afford to lose Diaz and Emelin because Gill and Spacek deserve time but are getting on in years? I don't think we can really take that risk. Spacek and Gill are playing the exact same role right now as well. Diaz and Emelin are too important for our future.

Markov
Subban
Gorges
Weber
Diaz
Emelin
Campoli

next season. Does that have enough sand paper? Can Beaulieu possibly be ready for a 3rd pairing role?
Totally agree

We need guys like Diaz AND Emelin to become part of this team.

I truly think Emelin is going to be put back in to the line up, and play well.

Guys... Does anyone realize that though he's played 6 games. He STILL leads the defence with 14 hits? The guy is not fully integrated yet, and it would be a tremendous mistake to give up on him now that he finally is here.
Furthermore, I would expect it would be a bit thrilling for him to be playing alongside Markov. His best hockey is to come. But it would be a mistake to let this serviceable talented NHL calibre defenceman go home without more than a cup of coffee.

IMO Markov, & Campoli are the 2 injured d-men. I would bet that Gauthier likes having the option to send down Diaz, and play his assets until Campoli returns from injury. Giving them depth in order to stay healthy. If one gets injured (knock on wood) between the injury return of markov, and the return of campoli, Diaz comes up, worry free and without risk.

I truly feel Emelin will shine once he has a defenceman who understands him beside him... and Markov will perhaps be even more comfortable (getting more out of the chemistry thing than he ever did before)...

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote