View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Sammy2010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It is pretty sad for a plumber no less. Getting upstaged by PAP who is pretty much a softy is really sad. I guess Tavares puts up with this crap because one of them is his friend.

Apparently the game plan really is to get John help by waiting for Nino and Strome to grow into the wings he needs. Many here seem to think that will happen overnight. Nino is here this year, and Strome possibly next year, and they will both instantly play at 1st line level. Possible? Yes, but I'd give it a 1% chance of happening that way. They will walk in unable to deal with the speed & physical nature of the NHL game like most other mortal boys before them. In Snow & Wang world this is a good plan. In honest reality where the rest of us live, this plan will take 4 to 5 years to work, assuming it works. What happens to Tavares' development over that time? His production? The team's record? Someone in a reporter's costume should be calling the Isles out on this one. It is a question screaming to be asked.

I know John is young, and thus not well versed in GMs and owners making the kind of BS lies and promises we've seen from their kin over the decades, but you'd think his agent would be smarter than that and tell the kid to wake up. The Isles got a franchise player, but they treat him like ****. They are twice as blessed because he cut a deal with them that forgives them their cheap ways. It is a testament to his character while at the same time a monument of shameful deceit on the organization's part.

That is the plan, and it is not going to work. I am already seeing posts saying Strome and Nino are going to replace Bailey and Okposo. Apparently every offense men Snow drafts is going to be a stud.....until they are not. If Snow does not bring in the proper veteran support, most of these kids will not hit their peak. I do not mean over the hill vets.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote