Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Erixon, Newbury to Whale
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
I think the organization did the right thing with demoting Erixon. As Tortorella puts it:

He needs to play, Tortorella said. I think hes going to be a really good player for a long time in this organization but as the games have been going on, especially the last two or three, you can see it that hes a kid. Hes a kid playing a very tough position on a team thats trying to find itself and this is not good for his development. This has worried me when we brought him over to Europe. Were really concerned that we dont want to hurt his development. The circumstance with some of the injuries weve had, weve put him in a situation that will hurt him more than help him. You have to be careful with the short term versus the long term and we just dont want to screw that up. So we feel this is the best thing for him and eventually the best thing for the organization as we move forward.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...upp_a_concern/

I have no doubt that Erixon will be with the organization for a long time--and will make a real impact down the road.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote