Thread: Comrie
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Dan-o

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Comrie is actually a really good kid and a FIERCE competitor on the ice. He plays about 6 inches bigger then he is. Remember he dropped gloves with Kovalchuk last year, check out the size difference. As an Oiler fan, I would really prefer to keep him, but he wants to play somewhere he didn't grow up. So as to not live in a fishbowl. The attitude thing is totally wrong, just ask his teammates, Smyth and Laraque have nothing but nice things to say. If you guys get him you'll love him, I promise.
Okay, I was about to ask whether my impressions were wrong, right up to when I read this post. I've been under the impression for the past 2-3 years that Comrie was a selfish, me-first player on the ice, virtually uncoachable and unable to take criticism, even if it was meant to help his game. I knew how competitive he was, but I never thought he channeled it properly. Maybe my perceptions of Comrie have been completely inaccurate. Any other opinions about Comrie's on-ice attitude, or lack thereof.