Old
10-29-2003, 01:19 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Hey, is the guy in your avator Kevin Weekes? Sure looks like it

As for Weekes, what I was trying to say in the previous post was that just because Burke denies that he is going after Berard, that does not mean the fans should trust him necessarily. Burke also said that Kevin Weekes is the goalie of the future of the Vancouver Canucks.
So? That doesn't mean Burke was lying to us then. Burke may have felt that Weekes was the goalie of the future at the time. Where did he lie? By your logic, if Weekes was killed in a car accident 2 weeks after arriving in Van then Burke would be a liar because Weekes wouldn't be the goalie of the future if he was dead.

Burke didn't trade him because of lack of results (even though his Van stats were quite ordinary). The main reason he was traded was because of a clash between Weekes and the coaching staff (and a dubious "robbery" story).

Weekes has put up .916, .912 and currently .945 SV%s. So maybe Burke wasn't all that wrong about his potential. If things had gone better we could be looking at Weekes instead of Cloutier.

Now if you want to talk about Dave Gagner being an important part of that deal and not a salary dump.....